Paleo Peppermint Patties
This paleo peppermint pattie recipe is one of my absolute favorites. I don’t know about you, but I get so excited when I’m eating something so tasty and I know every ingredient that’s in it is good for my health and well being.
I promise you will not be disappointed 😉
1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
2 Tbsp Honey
2 Tbsp Coconut butter
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 tsp peppermint extract
pinch of salt
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1 Tbsp coconut oil
Recipe by: Stephanie Tucci
- In a food processor, add the shredded coconut, honey, coconut butter, vanilla extract, peppermint extract and a pinch of salt.
- Process for 6-8 minutes, you want the filling to be quite sticky. Line a baking sheet of parchment paper and set aside.
- Inbetween two pieces of parchment paper roll the filling into 1/2 an inch puck shapes. It will be a little messy, so having the parchment paper helps.
- Using a 1-1 1/2″ round cookies cutter, cut out mini circles and place on the baking sheet. Re-roll and cut until all the coconut filling is used up. If they fall apart while cutting, push them back together using your hands. Then, place your baking sheet in the freezer and freeze the coconut circles for 30minutes.
- NOTE: for an easier version, you can roll these into mini balls instead and place these in the freezer. You will then follow the same directions below
- When you’re ready to assemble, melt the chocolate chips with coconut oil over a double boiler. Once melted, allow to cool slightly, then dip each coconut circle in the chocolate and layback on the baking sheet. ( you can use a fork to dip the patties in.)
- Once all are dipped in chocolate, place in the refrigerator until set.
- They are best stored in the fridge until ready to serve.